Oh, what a beautiful day,
I've got a beautiful feeling
Everything's going my way.
Oscar Hammerstein II
Now that's a subject I'd
like to blog about ...
Favorite Musical Moment:
"Beauty and the Beast!"
True story!- 1991 Disney releases the first full length musical in
a long time.
Mom (me) promises to take daughter
Hols (miniature musical genius)
to see "Beauty and the Beast
if... it ever becomes a Broadway musical.
- 1994 "B&TB" Hits Broadway (who-da-thunk?)
- 1995-20ish Mom, not financially capable of making
good on Broadway promise....takes Hols to
local (and very good) dinner theater production
- 2010 Hols gets a gig as production assistant for
Disney's National tour re-release of "B&TB".
She was hired by them for
the 6 week prep before the tour started.
- Sometime during final week of rehearsals Hols calls
mom and asks for help finding brads for the wolf costumes.
She can't locate what they
need locally... and by the way.....
- Invites her dad and me to come and see
the final dress rehearsal in Rhode Island.
- Final week of rehearsal- Fly to Rhode Island
to see Dress Rehearsal for B&TB!
- Final dress rehearsal (Rhode Island) before tour hits
the road. Rob Roth director of B&TB stands right in
front of me to welcome all and
explain how special this moment is!
- I know how special this moment was! Do you?
- Super bowl party with the cast of B&TB!
It had come full swing.
A mom promising something really special to her
daughter and her daughter making that promise come true!
Thanks Hols! You made OUR dream a reality!
True story... I have a hat to prove it! lol!
Do you have a favorite Musical (theater) Memory?